Questions contain a question and an answer. From the section context menu you can easily:
- Reorder a section by moving questions up and down
- Edit a question and answer
- Delete a question and answer. Once deleted this can’t be undone
- Add a page break before the question
There are 5 types of question available in valuations360.
Open-ended questions provide a free text input box to write the answer. Default text may be included from your template. Simply click in the box to type your response. You can also use these formatting options in your response:
- Bold – simply surround the word or phrase in a double asterix. For example **This phrase will appear in bold**
- Italic – simply surround the word or phrase in a single asterix *. For example *This phrase will appear in italic*
- Bullets – simply start a new paragraph with a single asterix * followed by a space. For example * this sentence will include a bullet point.
For a full list of formatting options, click the input box and then click “How to format your text”.
Single choice questions
A bank of answers for this question are already provided from the template. One answer can be selected to populate your report. The context menu for a single choice question contains three extra features:
- Show answer lookup – this provide a search box to filter responses by keyword
- Collapse answer – this will only show the first line of a response. Once you have selected a response the full response will be displayed. You can also hover over a response for the full response.
- Show selected – this will only show the response you have selected.
Multiple choice questions
A bank of answers for this question are already provided from the template. Multiple answers can be selected to populate your report. Each answer will start as a new paragraph.
This is a written statement within the report. Generally, statement text is not edited in the report, but should be checked for accuracy and relevance.
Tables may be prepopulated from the template. Each cell will be fully editable by simply clicking the relevant cell. Hovering on the context menu within a cell provides full flexibility to:
- Reorder columns and rows
- Add columns and rows
- Delete columns and rows. Please note, once deleted this can’t be undone
New columns and rows can be easily added to a table by clicking “Amend column” or “Append row” underneath the table.
Cells can be formatted using the formatting ribbon. This will appear when you click on a cell. This provides the following formatting options:
- Format cell text in italics
- Format cell text in bold
- Format cell text with an underline
- Format the cell text colour
- Format the cell background colour
- Include or remove borders from the table
Some answers may contain an inline question mid-sentence. This is an indicator to either select a response or type a response to complete the sentence.
Some answers may contain an inline variable mid-sentence. This is set at a template level where the response will automatically pre-populate from information added at job-set up. Valuations360 highlights if this information is missing.